This little bombshell takes a little bit of forward planning, but the result is just irresistible. My husband is a dairy addict and he didn't even notice what this baby actually was. He had a Daryl Kerrigan moment, where he just asked me "how'd you make it taste this good?".
This creamy goodness is pretty unbelievable, like fluffy, but creamy and dense, and has the versatility of handling additives to make it sweet, salty, umami, fresh, basically delicious.
Like I said, the process takes time, but the outcome is delicious and versatile.
• 1 cup of raw unsalted cashews
• 2 cups of water
• extra 1/2 cup of water
• 1 tbsp miso paste
• Prepare 1 cup of cashews in 2 cups of water in an airtight container and soak for at least 6 hours or overnight.
• Drain the cashews and place in a food processor with 1/2 cup of extra water
• Pulse the cashews and water for at least 1 minute, checking consistency. Pulse for longer if needed. It needs to be fluffy and together.
• Add miso paste and continue to pulse.
• Pulse for longer if needed. It needs to be fluffy and together.
• Store in an air tight container in the fridge for 5 days